Hello,

I commonly create webpages that need to search through a MySQL database and then display the results to the user. An example would be a database that contains the following:

first name
last name
age
gender
location
job
interests

I usually create a webpage with a combination of drop down menus, checkboxes, and radio buttons that allow the user to select what things they want to search for. An example might be that a user wants to find all results with:

last name like "smi"
age between 25 and 35
gender = female
interests like "golf"

But I've found it tricky to craft MySQL select statements because due to the way the searches can vary, the queries get complicated pretty quickly.

Is there any simple way to do this type of thing? I write my scripts in Perl on Unix (Solaris). Are there webpages that will explain good ways to do this?

Any tips are welcomed.

                                                        Thanks,

                                                                Douglas

Douglas S. Davis