George Law wrote:
Daniel,

What about just running your import file through dos2unix before piping
it to mysql?

That way, it would leave \n alone (since that is unix format) and
replace any occurrances of \r\n with plan old \n.
I could think of a lot of things I could do if this were all running on Linux.

Unfortunately the import routine is being triggered from MS Access ... and come to think of it, I'm using 'load data infile' and not 'mysqlimport', but anyway, you get the idea. AFAIK there is no way to trigger anything useful via ODBC. I could write a Perl script, chuck it in my cgi-bin folder, and opening Firefox from Access, passing the script some pointers to the file. But that's dodgy. I suppose while I'm working with Access I'd better get used to dodgy solutions, eh? ;-)

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer