----- Original Message ----- From: "CodeHeads" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "MySQL-List" <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2006 4:52 PM
Subject: Number Searches

Hello all,
I have searched but cannot find what I am looking for.

I have a full index index on a table and on of the fields is a number
field (IP Address). Can MySQL search for numbers??

I don't know the answer to your question but I'm pretty sure it has come up before in this list. You might want to do a search on this topic in the MySQL archives at http://lists.mysql.com/. I think the answer depends on exactly how you store your IP addresses, i.e. datatype and number of columns used.

--
Rhino