On Friday 24 February 2006 12:33, Erich Beyrent wrote:

> My question is whether or not it is good design to have each user have
> his or her own set of tables.  Would it not make sense to have all user
> posts in a single table, referenced by a BlogID?  This table could
> easily grow to be a few million rows, and I know MySQL won't choke on
> that, as long as the indexes are maintained.

With split tables, you get the following:
1) A user can't accidentally delete another user's data (through code faults,
easily)

2) Ease of backups - each user can do personal backups, and the logic is very
simple to do so

3) Easier logic in the code?

4) An accidental command doesn't kill all data.

The disadvantage to multiple tables (which WP as a vendor should handle for
you) is that a change to one table schema must be propagated to all tables.

The disadvantage of changing WP is you have to maintain the change across
upgrades.
----
Scanned by mailCritical.