It can be both Linux kernel setting and MySQL configuration issue.

It can be a kernel issue since:
- Although you have 4G on your machine your kernel may set to let only
2G to a user space process. You may need to upgrade your kernel to a
'hugemem' kernel which gives you either 3/1 or 4/4 (you need 8G mem for
this) memory split
- Number of open files (directly co related to number of open tables in
MySQL) setting in kernel can be lower than what your MySQL instance
needs.

It can be a MySQL configuration issue since :
- You may have incorrect settings in your my.cnf config file. Say if you
assigned 2G to innodb buffer and other buffers and your kernel lets you
to go upto 2G for user space process. For each connection coming MySQL
dedicates at least 128K (thread size) memory, so for 350 connection, you
end up using +43M memory which makes MySQL's total mem usage 2G + 43M.
This may be the reason why you're seeing can't create new thread.

Kayra Otaner