To: "Tselemegkos Grigorios" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2006 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: Problem installing mysql on Debian linux

On 2/25/06, Tselemegkos Grigorios <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to install mysql 4.0.25 from source on Debian linux without
root privileges.
The problem comes when i execute the configure command.
I typed:
configure --prefix /home/grtsel/mysql

and the output error was:

checking for FIONREAD in sys/ioctl.h... yes
checking for TIOCSTAT in sys/ioctl.h... no
checking if struct dirent has a d_ino member... yes
checking whether signal handlers are of type void... yes
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking for termcap functions library... configure: error: No
curses/termcap library found

I installed ncurses package from source in order to bypass this problem
but nothing happend...

Does anyone know what's going wrong..?
Please help me...

Gregory,

You need to install the termcap libraries.
What version of Debian are you using? Why don't you install MySQL 5.0.18?

Sam