At 09:42 15/05/2001 -0700, Ray Pollard wrote:
Hi,
There are several ways to do this. For example you can use
script languages like PHP (you find in our contribution pages
applications ready), also you can use SSH (maybe you need a
commercial SSH server to run on Windows) or you can use telnet
together the MySQL clients.
Anyway you need to study first the MySQL security system, to know
how to connect with the server from a remote machine. You find
in our Manual all the relevant informations.

Regards,
Miguel

>I am new to the world of mySQL and have just installed it on a Windows 2000
>Advanced Server and I need to figure out how make the db accessible from a
>remote PC for administration.  Can anyone provide me with some direction in
>that area?  Bear in mind, I am a newbie.
>
>Thanks very much,
>Ray

   /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /   http://www.mysql.com/
  / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__  Miguel Solórzano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/  Săo Paulo, Brazil
        <___/                  Development Team