From: David S. Green [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 1:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: problem updating recordset with MyODBC

When I try and update a recordset I get the following problem-

Query based update failed. The row to update could not be found.
/Part1_Section1_Process.asp, line 82

Line 82 happens to be when I call rs.Update()
The problem only occurs when I update certain records.  Other records have
no problems.  Before I had no problems (all records were fine
updating).  Then I migrated my tables from Win2000 mySQL to a mySQL running
on Linux.  That is when I noticed that it would not update in some
cases.  It isn't clear why some records give me problems and others do not.

What makes it frustrating is that there seems to be no obvious cause of
problem.  The code has not been altered one bit.  If I move back to Win2000
I'm sure it will work again.  But I really want this to work consistently
for our Linux DB server.

Has anybody seen anything like this before.  Can anybody help?

David
David Green
Northwestern University, Evanston, IL  USA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]