MY GOAL

To collect any consumers.id WHERE date of birth, last name and first name matches what was entered by the user. The trick is that date of birth lives in the consumer table and last name and first name lives in the cases table (which can be joined to consumers by consumers.id and cases.consumer_id).

Can anyone think of way to do this in one mysql statement instead of doing a loop?

                I am thinking it would work something like this:

SELECT consumers.id FROM consumers WHERE date_of_birth = ? AND consumer.id = (SELECT consumer_id FROM cases WHERE last_name = ? AND full_first_name = ? )

                Is there a way to form the above statement in MYSQL?

MY HOPE

That there is a really obvious solution to this question and that I am simply suffering from a case of the Mondays!

Thanks in advance!

Courtney Braafhart