On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Marvin Wright wrote:

Hi,

I'm having a few problems at the moment with replication.
We are in the process of migrating a cache to 2 new database machines.

As the data is a cache its very large is refreshed constantly.

Currently we have 2 machines, 1 master and 1 slave.

I am trying to set up this configuration but I just can not get it to
work.

Master  -->  Slave1  -->  Slave2  -->  Slave3

Master has id 1 and bin-log enabled

Slave1 has id 2 and bin-log enabled but also a do-bin-log=Cache

Slave2 has id 3 and bin-log enabled

Slave3 has id 4

The process is working between Master, Slave1 and Slave2 but for some
reason Slave2 is not writing bin-log information.
So Slave3 is sitting empty and not getting any data because of no data
in Slave2's bin-log.

for slaves to log data from the master  into the binlog you should set
log-slave-updates=on

Thanx
Alex