Thanks for the answer.

Now let me get this right, are you suggesting using prepared statements from
the C# code? Since I have seen some examples of prepared statements used in
stored procedures too.

I understand stored procedures are not best tool in all situations. But what
if while inserting records, I have certain operations that need to be
executed consecutively. But in case of queries written inside the code, I
have separate database calls and that results in too many database calls.

For example,
1) I insert data in member table and
2) Get the "ID" and
3) Insert a new row in entity table with that "ID".

I can do all that in one stored proc.

Do you think it's a good idea to use stored procedure for certain cases and
may be use prepared statements from my c# code in other.

Lastly, from architecture point of view, is it considered good to have sql
string embedded in C# code?

Thanks,
Reema