>Thanks!
>With regard to the ClOBs or Text fields, is that CLOB support?
>Or support for Text columns that hold up to 60,000 bytes of TEXT data?

In MySQL they're 'BLOB's not 'CLOB's, see http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/string-type-overview.html.

PB
http://www.artfulsoftware.com

-----

From: Peter Brawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: J A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
CC: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Some general questions
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 12:44:08 -0600

/>Does MySQL support the following:
>- Support for DDL commands and dynamic SQL inside stored procedures? /
Yes.
/>- EXECUTE STATEMENT in Stored Procedures. (may be same question as above) /
Yes to a limited extent: PREPARE | EXECUTE accepts CREATE TABLE, DELETE, DO, INSERT, REPLACE, SELECT, SET, UPDATE and most database info (SHOW) commands.
/>- Support for creation of databases inside stored procedures. /
Yes
/>- Support for UTF-8 data storage in VARCHAR columns. /
Yes
/>- Support of CLOBS or TEXT columns such that we can store up to 60,000 bytes of TEXT data /
Yes.

PB
http://www.artfulsoftware.com

-----

J A wrote:
I was asked to scope out the following features, and am not the person to be implementing them.
Hence the manuals weren't particularly helpful.
I'm looking for definitive references one way or the other for the following questions.
SOS!