MySQL cannot handle more than one incoming binlog at a time. The
facilities are just not in the code.

You also run into a nightmare if a database exists on BOTH masters (same
name on both systems) and the PK values of any tables (also with matching
names)  overlap. If  both masters update the "same" row at appx the same
time, we could run into deadlocking in the slave that didn't happen on
either master. It also means that the slave and at least one of the
masters will become out of sync (because the "other" master's changes
remain in the database) and replication is considered "broken" at that
point.  It's a serious can of worms to handle multi-master replication.

Your two instances on one matching replicating to two separate masters is
not a multi-master replication (more than one master replicating with a
single slave) it's two single-master slave setups running on the same
machine. Close but not quite what the original post was looking for (I
don't think).

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine