I believe Daniel is correct. The passwords are hashed before leaving the
client. You may be able to capture invalid hashes but they are already
encrypted before they get to the server. I do not know of any event or
callback function you can use to tie into the server to trigger a logging
event.

Sorry!

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine

"Daniel da Veiga" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 03/06/2006 07:40:50
AM:

> On 3/5/06, Manuel Schmitt (manitu) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > is there a reason that the unknown passwords can't simply be reset?
> >
> > yes, because not all clients are currently known and resetting them
> > would possibly break the application(s)
>
> I am not pretty sure, but MySQL use to send encrypted passwords to the
> server, so, you'll never ever be able to really "see" the passwords.
> MySQL uses "one-way" ecryption, that means, if you've lost it, its
> gone. There's no way to find the characteres that generated that
> encrypted code.
>
> > --

> > Manuel Schmitt
> > - Geschäftsführer -
> >
> > manitu [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > Welvertstraße 2 http://www.manitu.de/
> > 66606 St. Wendel                           Telefon:
+49-(0)6851-99808-20
> >                                            Telefax:
+49-(0)6851-99808-99
> >                                                   PGP-Key-ID: