Bibi,

WinMySqlAdmin has been disocntinued. Try mysql/bin/MySqlInstqanceConfig.exe.

Getting PHP to work with MySQL under Windows is a bit tricky at first, but once set up it's solid. For setup have a look at http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?52,70381,70628#msg-70628.

PB
http://www.artfulsoftware.com

-----

Bibi Snelderwaard wrote:
Hi everybody,
I have Windows XP computer and I've installed Apache, and MySQL 5.0.18. I
downloaded MySQL from:
http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/MySQL-for-Windows-Download-2668.html
but the following problem occurs.
According to the instructions in php and mysql for dummies (I'm a newbee) I
should find a program called WinMySQLadmin, located in mysql/bin.
First, this program is nowhere to be found (used start/find but nothing) I
did however find the program MySQLadmin. Since WinMySQLadmin isn't there I
thought it might work if I use the MySQLadmin program instead. According to
the instructions I should be able to double click it so it wil open a new
window. Now the second problem: It opens, but for a tiny fraction of a
second.
I've tried several other links to download MySQL but it's the same with all
versions.
What am I doing wrong?
Best regards, Bibi

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 268.1.2/274 - Release Date: 3/3/2006
Checked by AVG Free Edition.