> Osku is working on FULLTEXT for InnoDB.

So, despite what the documentation says:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/fulltext-boolean.html
Which states:
"They can work even without a FULLTEXT index, although a search executed in
this fashion would be quite slow. "

You're saying that InnoDB tables cannot use a BOOLEAN search at all, no way,
no how?

At the moment I only have a small db while I'm building the product, so
"slow" is going to be relative at this point (ie. fast), and I would expect
it to converge when you get FULLTEXT working in InnoDB. I would like to get
the code in there though for now.

Do you have an estimate timeframe till this is implemented?
Weeks? Months? Version?

> You could look at Sphinx, for exapmple.

What is Sphinx? I did a quick google search but found many references to
pyramids and other projects (popular name). Do you have a URL for this?