Osvaldo,

----- Original Message ----- From: ""Osvaldo Sommer"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:58 AM
Subject: Problem INNODB error 995

--Boundary_(ID_PMYElD1sU13Il0ENO4J+aw)

We have 4 windows 2003 server with mysql 4.0.12 install in each one. They
have been working for about 1.5 years with no problem.

Two weeks ago, in one server we lost the mysql service, and when we look the .err file it report a 995 error. We can star the service again and it works.

In the two weeks the service has stop in the same server about 10 times, but
none in the other server. We have the same applications working in each
server.

What can we do to stop the error? We even thought that we have a problem
with windows, so we reinstall it, but the problem continue.

Please help!!!!

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/debug/base/system_error_codes__500-999_.asp

"ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED
995 The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an application request"

a few InnoDB users have reported this error number in the past 2 years. I have suspected that it is some bug in Windows or its device drivers, since InnoDB does not request aborts of I/O requests, nor do InnoDB's threads exit in the middle of an I/O operation.

Did you upgrade the OS in that server before you started getting this error? Is the server identical to the other servers where mysqld works ok?

The error might actually be a hardware problem. I have noticed that a hardware fault can produce strange error numbers in Linux. The same might hold for Windows.

Osvaldo Sommer

Best regards,

Heikki

Oracle Corp./Innobase Oy
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL

InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php