When setting up several instances in the instance manager, if you don't want
them all to start at once, but you want to
start instances on demand (like when you have instances of different MySQL
versions) the only way I found to achieve
this goal is is to set the option "nonguarded".
Then, when you start the instance with "START INSTANCE name", it starts, but
the IM does not monitor it. Justly so,
because of the nonguarded option.
So before submitting a bug (or feature request) report, my questions are:

1) Is this the correct way of setting several instances and firing them on
demand?
2) Can I revert the effects of nonguarded? I tried with UNSET
instance_name.nonguarded, but it does not have any effect.

Thanks for any help.
Giuseppe

--
 _  _ _  _