Hello Shawn,

Thanks for replying.

INSERT_METHOD is an option valid for merge tables.
See http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-table.html

>From what I can see, the only way to get it, is parse the
SHOW CREATE TABLE output.

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - tool for InterBase, Firebird, MySQL, Oracle & MS SQL Server
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com
My thoughts:
http://blog.upscene.com/martijn/
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com
  "Martijn Tonies" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 03/07/2006 09:57:17 AM:

  > Hi,
  >
  > Anyone got a clue where to get a hold of "insert_method"
  > after creating the table?
  >
  > Is the SHOW CREATE TABLE output the only way to
  > get it?

  "insert_method" ??????

  I thought I knew a little about databases and table design but that's a new
term for me. What does it mean and how would I apply it in order to modify a
table's contents?

  Shawn Green
  Database Administrator
  Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine