To: <mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 1:17 PM
Subject: Restoring a database from a complete MySQL dump

I have a MySQL 4.1.x installation. It was upgraded to MySQL 5.0.x and then
downgraded again, back to 4.1.14. I took a complete dump of all
databases/tables into a .sql file, and now I would like to restore just
specific databases or tables from it.

Is this possible without restoring everything or without having to restore
everything somewhere else, and then make new back-ups of the specific
tables/databases?