From: Ady Wicaksono [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:38 PM
To: Dave Pullin
Cc: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: Signal 11 crashes on MySQL V5

Dave

What common transaction you have? INSERT? SELECT? UPDATE? DELETE? Are
you using InnoDB?

I have my personal experience with InnoDB and MySQL 5,
with kernel 2.4 (as you use on RedHat 9) MySQL 5 is unstable on high
load insert/update/delete
with kernel 2.6 (CentOS, Fedora, ...) you'll get more stability but it
still not stable enough.

Please see
http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?22,74279,74279#msg-74279

It has been confirmed as bug on MySQL 5.