Alan,

----- Original Message ----- From: ""Alan Fisher"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:38 PM
Subject: InnoiDB Backups

All,

I would like to knew if anyone knows of a way to automate innoDB Hot Backups
of several databases that can be set to occur at off hours.

I think people create cron jobs to run at night. If I understood right, you have several separate MySQL installations in one computer. Maybe one cron job for each installation would work?

InnoDB Hot Backup takes as the input the my.cnf file of the mysqld server, and a backup-my.cnf file that specifies where the data is copied. You must be very careful not to mix these .cnf files for different mysqld servers. And make sure there is enough free disk space for all the backups.

Also, is it
possible to run several backups at one time. I am using MySQL 4.1.x on a
Solaris system.

Yes, you can run several instances of ibbackup at the same time.

Thanks,
Alan Fisher

Best regards,

Heikki

Oracle Corp./Innobase Oy
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL

InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php