Косов Евгений <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 03/10/2006 07:53:37 AM:

> Hm... It seems to me In MySQL there's no such thing as "database owner".

> Or am I missing something?
>
> Mohammed Abdul Azeem пишет:
> > Hi,
> >
> > How to check for the database owner for a particular database ?  The
way
> > "show procedure status" command lists the "definer" column, Is there a
> > command that shows the database owner. Similarly, what is the command
> > see the owner of a table in a database ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Abdul.

Eugene is right. Objects within a MySQL database are not "owned" by any
one account. They are essentially all "global" objects organized into
specific databases.

Here's the reason behind the column your found. In the CREATE STORED
PROCEDURE statement there is a clause:

 SQL SECURITY { DEFINER | INVOKER }

That clause tells the database under whose credentials should the
statements of the SPROC be executed. It determines if the SPROC will
execute under the credentials of the user who created it or the user who
is invoking it. DEFINER is the default value if none is specified.

More details here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/create-procedure.html

Shawn Green
Database Administrator