At the moment I'm using mysql version 3.23. Can you recommend any free software that can automate the backup process

From: Mladen Adamovic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Neil Tompkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,  mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Re: best method to backup this mysql data
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 12:11:32 +0100

Neil Tompkins wrote:
I have a mySQL database running on linux. Can anyone recommend the best method to backup this data from a Windows XP machine on a scheduled basis ? My database server version at the moment is 3.23.
Generally information about backups you could find at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/backup.html You could make bash script of Linux computer to create backups and the easiest way is to put that script as cron jobs if you have access to the cron. You can also shedule Windows BAT script which use FTP to get this data from that Linux computer. Otherwise - I mean if you don't have FTP access to the files or cron jobs - it is more difficult IMHO.

--
Mladen Adamovic
http://home.blic.net/adamm