On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 12:53 -0500, fbsd_user wrote:
>       $sql = "SELECT logon_id
>               FROM members
>               WHERE logon_id = '$logonid' AND logon_pw =
> '$logonpw'";
>
>       $result = mysql_query($sql) or die('Query failed. ' .
> mysql_error());
>
>       print "$result";  shows Resource id #3
>
>   Where can I find meaning for what this means?
>
>   And why does mysql_error() not contain the description of this
> error?
>
>   And why was the 'or die' condition not taken?

Try print($result[0]) or print($result['logon_id']); $result is a handle
to the result set, not something you can print. It's the same thing as
if you tried to print out the return value of mysql_connect, which
should return a resource id. There wasn't an error with the query, so
the or die shouldn't execute, and mysql_error should return null.

--
Pat Adams
Digital Darkness Promotions