From: S A [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2001 2:38 PM
To: List MySQL
Subject: FreeBSD 4.2 vs. Linux query speeds ?

I have some complex multi-step queries that take over 60 seconds on Free BSD
4.2. They seemed much faster on Linux.

Should FreeBSD 4.2 be just as fast as Linux on comparable hardware ?

When I simulate concurrent users the query times go up oddly.

1 user 66 seconds

2 users 157 seconds

3 users 232 seconds

Does this seem odd ?