Hi Martijn,

well about the date default value being invalid, well it´s working here in
my system (MySQL 4.1.16, Mac OS X 10.4.5), and all my systens work with
this...

About the business logic I was thinking about showing the current month by
default, and if the user wants he can select diferent days, months and
year, or beetween dates.. And everything will be shown in a simple list,
with some graphics like bills to pay in the next week, income to recieve
in next week, and simple stats of that kind..

To split in two tables (income and outcome) seams a good idea...

Best Regards,
Bruno B B Magalhães