I have mysql-max-5.0.19-solaris10-sparc-64bit installed and running fine.
I have at times used the OLD PASSWORD ro resolve some issues but during my
build of php-5.1.2, no luck.

Here is the last part of the config.log with the errors.

"config.log" 639 lines, 31250 characters
ld: warning: file /usr/local/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a(client.o): wrong
ELF class: ELFCLASS64
ld: warning: file /usr/local/lib/mysql/libz.a(crc32.o): wrong ELF class:
ELFCLASS64
mysql_error                         /var/tmp//ccO3Lkgh.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to conftest
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 59430 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char mysql_error();

int main() {
mysql_error()
; return 0; }

Best regards,

Michael

Dominik Klein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
03/15/2006 09:34 AM
Please respond to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

mysql@lists.mysql.com
cc

Subject
Re: How to build a client?

[addon to my previous mail]

>  I have not found
> instructions on where to get the client software to build or upgrade a
> client.

just use an up-to-date binary mysql distribution for your OS.