If you upgrade to mysql 5.0.x there are also the
The INFORMATION_SCHEMA tables that return meta information
about tables.

AFAIK they may not be available in pre 5.0 versions.

Keith

in practice they are not.

To unsubscribe from this list, please see detailed
instructions already posted at:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=php-install&m=114138567814319&w=2