Miguel

> What i need is to list all the products and show the type name of each of them.

What you need is a join (http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/join.html), eg:

SELECT t.id, t.id_type, t.name, t.desc, t.price, p.name
FROM tbl AS t
INNER JOIN products AS p USING (id)

PB

-----

Miguel Vaz wrote:

    Hi guys,

I am kinda new to mysql and on my endeavour to build a backend for a site i am building, i need to fetch data from a couple of tables, but dont know how to do it with a single select.
    Heres the problem:

    first table (products):

    id
    id_type
    name
    desc
    price

    second table (types):

    id_types
    name

What i need is to list all the products and show the type name of each of them. On the products table, on the "id_type" field, i have only a number pointing to its type on the "types" column, what i want to know is how i can do a select to fetch all the product records and replace the number on "id_type" with its equivalente name from the "types" table.

    Sorry if i cant explain it correctly, but heres an example:

    table products:

    id    id_type    name    desc    price
    1    2    prod1    blah    45

    table types: