Hello,

We are running MySQL 4.0.13 on Solaris 8 UltrSPARC with 2048 MB of RAM. This machine has plenty of swap space and has worked fine for over a year now. Out of the blue, it stopped working yesterday and after looking through the error logs, following is what I found:

<------------------------- Error Message ------------------------->
   key_buffer_size=16777216
   read_buffer_size=131072
   Fatal signal 11 while backtracing
   060319 16:19:46  mysqld restarted
Warning: Ignoring user change to 'mysql' because the user was set to 'mysql' earlier on the command
   line
   InnoDB: Fatal error: cannot allocate 48 bytes of
   InnoDB: memory with malloc! Total allocated memory
   InnoDB: by InnoDB 3879876 bytes. Operating system errno: 11
   InnoDB: Cannot continue operation!
   InnoDB: Check if you should increase the swap file or
   InnoDB: ulimits of your operating system.
   InnoDB: On FreeBSD check you have compiled the OS with
   InnoDB: a big enough maximum process size.
   InnoDB: We now intentionally generate a seg fault so that
   InnoDB: on Linux we get a stack trace.
   mysqld got signal 11;
This could be because you hit a bug. It is also possible that this binary or one of the libraries it was linked against is corrupt, improperly built, or misconfigured. This error can also be caused by malfunctioning hardware. We will try our best to scrape up some info that will hopefully help diagnose the problem, but since we have already crashed, something is definitely wrong
   and this may fail.

   key_buffer_size=16777216
   read_buffer_size=131072
   060319 16:19:47  mysqld ended

Would increasing shared memory max, make  a difference?

Thanks