"Rhino" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on 21/03/2006 13:41:49:

> [...]

Obviously not in this case. While MySQL can do many things, it also works
perfectly well as a single user repository. It is perfectly reasonable for
a sing user to regard it as part of a single application and start and
stop it from the application.

However, the cost of an inactive MySQL running all the time is tiny. And
treating MySQL like this would cause problems if, for example, you wanted
to run two such applications, because they would fight over it. Or if your
application wanted to run on a PC which already had MySQL running for some
other purpose.

So I would suggest that it would be wisest to do as Rhino implies and to
install MySQL and leave it running all the time.

        Alec