Hi all,

So, I understand the nested set idea described here:

http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/hierarchical-data.html
http://www.sitepoint.com/article/hierarchical-data-database/2

However, from what I remember of trees and searching and stuff, a node
having more than one parent breaks this model.  For instance, in the
example given in the first article, what if you wanted to put a
"portable TV" in both "Televisions" and "Portable Electronics"?

Theoretically I guess I could just have a table with:

label lft rgt

with no categoryId, and make the entire row the primary key (ie, there
could be, say:

label | lft | rgt
portable tv | 3.2 | 3.8
portable tv | 18.2 | 18.8

in other words, have 2 entries for portable TV.  That's actually
feasible in the data model I'm thinking of, and wouldn't get too out
of hand, however, there's got to be a better way....

Any enlightenment?

-Sheeri