Ok, and sorry for my poor explanation and my "spanglish"

The ofac list is a database with thousands of names of persons who are
forbidden to do transactions like change of dollars to mexican pesos, they
are trying to avoid "money laundering", so if somebody try to do a
transaction he have to be searched into ofac list, but the problem is that
the name can be formatted in diferents ways like 'Edwin Cruz' 'Cruz Edwin'
'Edwin E. Cruz' and so on

I've tryed this:

Select * from OFACSDN where match(name) against ('edwin cruz');

And it returns more than 20 names that contain one or both words and i want
to improve my search...

An example:
SELECT NameSDN FROM tofacsdn t where nombre like '%cruz%';
+----------------------------------+
| NameSDN                          |
+----------------------------------+
| CRUZ REYES, Antonio Pedro        |
| CRUZ, Juan M. de la              |
| PEREZ CRUZ, Osvaldo              |
| SANTACRUZ LONDONO, Jose          |
| CAVIEDES CRUZ, Leonardo          |
| SANTACRUZ CASTRO, Ana Milena     |
| CASTRO DE SANTACRUZ, Amparo      |
| CASTRILLON CRUZ, Maria Leonor    |
| RUELAS MARTINEZ, Jose de la Cruz |
| SANTA CRUZ IMPERIAL AIRLINES     |
+----------------------------------+
10 rows in set (0.02 sec)

How do I have to perform a search in that list with my name 'Edwin Cruz', if
I try with full text I get this:
SELECT NameSDN from tofacsdn WHERE MATCH(nombre) AGAINST ('Edwin cruz')
+----------------------------------+
| NameSDN                          |
+----------------------------------+
| MUGUTI, Edwin                    |
| PARRA VELASCO, Edwin Hiulder     |
| MUTASA, Didymus Noel Edwin       |
| CRUZ, Juan M. de la              |
| CAVIEDES CRUZ, Leonardo          |
| PEREZ CRUZ, Osvaldo              |
| CASTRILLON CRUZ, Maria Leonor    |
| RUELAS MARTINEZ, Jose de la Cruz |
| SANTA CRUZ IMPERIAL AIRLINES     |
| CRUZ REYES, Antonio Pedro        |
10 rows in set (0.01 sec)

The closest result that I want is with this query:

SELECT NameSDN from tofacsdn WHERE NameSDN like '%Edwin%' and NameSDN like
'%Cruz%'

But it isn't healthy because what abaut if I provide my name like 'Edwin
C.', I dont know what I am going to do with this... In the worst case I'll
program a script to build a query like above.

I'm using MySQL 5.0.18, php 5.0.5