Hi,

I have a question about autoincremend id:
If I have an autoincrement id set on my first column field of my table and I
have the
following entries:
1
3

And then I make a INSERT INTO foobar VALUES(''); , the next field would be
automatically 4:
1
3
4

Is there a possibility to take a free ID to not use too high IDs for nothing?
I would like to take the ID 2 and not 4, because ID 2 is free.

My problem is that my system which uses the ID numbers in applications which
uses them
as signed int or unsigned int,
so I will soon have a problem, because I insert (and delete some times) many
entries in my SQL database,
but not more than the highest value of an signed integer.

--
Best regards,
saf