[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote on 03/23/2006 02:20:00 PM:

> On 3/23/06, sheeri kritzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What does line 1189 look like?
> >

> Good question. Hard to tell, since it's the insert statement for a
> rather large table (25 million rows) and I have --extended-insert set,
> so it's all on one *really* long line. Seems like there should be a
> return or two in there, but apparently it doesn't work that way.
>

> > On 3/17/06, Jack Baty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I'm trying to restore a database from a dump as part of my
> > > make-sure-this-will-restore-just-in-case process and I get the
> > > following error...
> > >
> > > ERROR at line 1189: Unknown command '\''.
> > >
> > > The only thing I've been able to find is this bug report...
> > >
> > > http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=9756
> > >
> > > ...which claims that this (or something similar) was fixed in 5.0.6.
> > > I'm running 5.0.18 on OS X here and the dump is from a Debian box
> > > running 4.0.15. (I've also tried loading the dump on a box running
> > > 4.0.x with the same result)
> > >
> > > The table in question has just over 25 million rows, so it would be
> > > nice to be able to restore it if necessary :)
> > >
> > > I'm just trying to figure out if it's a data problem, version
problem,
> > > or something else.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Jack Baty
> > > Fusionary Media - http://www.fusionary.com
> > >
> > > --
> > >

> --
> Jack Baty
> Fusionary Media - http://www.fusionary.com

When you generated this dump file, did you remember to use the
--max_allowed_packet parameter to make sure that mysqldump didn't create
any extended insert statements larger than your server wants to handle? It
could be crapping out because at line 1189 you exceeded
max_allowed_packet.  To be safe always use a value of 16M or less when
setting max_allowed_packet. Check your server's variables for the value
it's currently using

SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'max%';

I don't know for sure that this is going to be the problem but it's always
something to look at when you start dealing in larger dumpfiles.

Shawn Green
Database Administrator
Unimin Corporation - Spruce Pine