AFAIK,

PASSWORD() or OLD_PASSWORD() is one way function, it means in math if you do f(x) = y, you never know x, all you now is the result of f(x) ~ y

Moreover, do you have a problem with new password format?

Eugene Kosov wrote:

Hi, everyone!

I have transfer user's database and grants from one mysql server (4.1.15) to an older one (4.0.26). I don't know user's password and have only it's hash. How can I convert hashed password stored in mysql.user.password field to the 4.0 format? Is there something similar to OLD_PASSWORD(), but with 4.1's hashed password as a parameter?

Any links, man references, etc. are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

--
Regards,
Eugene Kosov.