From: Scott Haneda [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2006 2:34 PM
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: Host denied errors

Little confused, can not seem to locate the docs on this.  Trying to set up
mysql to allow a remote webserver to talk to it, using a user/pass/host
setting with host set to allow anything, of course works.

If the IP I am connecting from has a valid PTR, I can use the hostname as
well, and that works.

In this one case, I do not have the ability to get the client to get a PTR
set up on the IP I want to connect from.  I tried putting in the IP address,
and it still blocks it, can someone tell me how mysql authenticates this
data?