Peter Brawley wrote:

>ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your >MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'standardwttype.txt`

Use single quotes not (dreaded) backticks.

This seems to have fixed one problem.  Now, I have another problem:

ERROR 13 (HY000): Can't get stat of '/users/lolajl/documents/development/knitlib/datafiles/standardwttype.txt' (Errcode: 13)

Here's the modified query (once I figured that I needed to specify the exact path where the file is located):

LOAD DATA INFILE '/users/lolajl/documents/development/knitlib/datafiles/standardwttype.txt'
INTO TABLE StandardWeightType
FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\t'
LINES TERMINATED BY '\r'
(standard_wt_type_id, standard_wt_desc, standard_wt_lud);

--
Lola - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.lolajl.net | Blog at http://www.lolajl.net/blog/