I've looked around the web and found very diffreing ideas about how this should be handled.

Basically, I want to have a content row that has two times, the time that an insert was done and the time that it was last updated if any. I keep getting an error when I try to create a table with two timestamp values (#1293 - Incorrect table definition; there can be only one TIMESTAMP column with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in DEFAULT or ON UPDATE clause).

If I can have only one timestamp in the table, what is the ideal way to do this?

thanks,

jon