I am using the .net connector for mono in my application to connect to MySql
servers. Application is open-source and can be found here:
http://fileuniverse.com/?p=showitem&ID=2746
The program searches some text files for info to store in a database.

- In both my Linux boxes, with MySql 4.1, program runs at normal speed.
- In Windows, with MySql 4.0, program runs at normal speed. MySql Administrator
shows, in the "Health" section, around 700 KB/s of traffic while the program
executes.

The problem is MySql 4.1 and 5.0 on my Windows...
- With MySql 4.1, in Windows, the traffic is extremely slow for many minutes,
showing some 7~14 KB/s of traffic, until, at some point, it blasts off to
working fast again, quickly finishing the work.

- With MySql 5.0, in Windows, the traffic never seems to change from a perfectly
stable 9.1~9.2 KB/s of traffic. Needless to say, that way it takes forever to
finish the task.

All instalations made in Windows had all the default setting and i'm always
using the default root user without modifications except for password
modification.
Anyone have any idea what might be happening?