On 3/28/06, Pure Web Solution <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I dont think that it is possible to specify the engine when creating a table
> this way, you could however create the table using the:
>
> CREATE TABLE old AS SELECT * FROM request_log
>
> and then issue an alter table command setting the engine to whatever you like.

Thanks Paul,

That solution seems a little wasteful in terms of resources though.

If there is no nice way to achieve this operation then do people think
that it would be a good idea to push for the inclusion of this
functionality.

If more folks than myself can see the benefit in this then please
speak up, in which can I'll cross post this to the development list to
see what the devs make of it.

Warm regards,

Tez