Hello list,

Recently we upgraded from 3.23.3 to 5.0.18 and started noticing some
weird behaviour. We have update scripts running on a regular interval
and some of these scripts randomily exited with MySQL error:

SELECT command denied to user 'user'@'host' for table 'example'

However, this error message only appears sporadically. Usually these
scripts run without any problems.

tcpdump shows nothing more than we already know. I see the error message
appear on different queries.

We have the server running on Gentoo Linux (mysql-5.0.18-r30) as a
master (with one slave on another Gentoo machine).

Any ideas to debug this problem any further?

Thanks in advance,

Jorrit

By the way, there's been a previous posting to this list describing
similar problems (no solution though):
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=mysql&m=113050497323853&w=2

--
System Developer