- When I execute the command "mysqld_safe":
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]# bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &
[1] 7298
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]# Starting mysqld daemon with databases from
/var/lib/mysql
/*  {processing... the cursor is blinking but I don't have any answer... So,
I press <ENTER>}  */
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]#

 - The log message is:
060323 16:51:11  mysqld started
060323 16:51:11  InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 43655
060323 16:51:11 [Note] /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for
connections.
Version: '5.0.19-standard'  socket: '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock'  port:
3306  MySQL Community Edition - Standard (GPL)

 - Aparently it's OK. But when I execute the command below occurs the
following error:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]# bin/mysqladmin version
bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'
exists!

 - In the log file, there isn't any new message. No Log Message was
generated.

 - Now, I kill the process and tried another command (I don't execute the
inicial command "bin/mysqld_safe –user=mysql &"). But I have the same
answer:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] mysql]# bin/mysqladmin variables
bin/mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)'
Check that mysqld is running and that the socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'
exists!

 - No log message was generated.
 - Maybe, I have change the port that MySQL is operating. Or the command
"bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &" is not really starting the DB.

Maybe, I have change the port that MySQL is operating. Or the command
"bin/mysqld_safe --user=mysql &" is not really starting the DB.

Thank's