Sheeri,

----- Original Message ----- From: ""sheeri kritzer"" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:29 PM
Subject: problems/feature request ideas

2 weeks ago we had a server crashing, and while I was checking it out
(before, during and after crashes) I noticed that after a crash, the
server was slow.  Threads would run for 200 seconds or more, and yet
when they finished, nothing was written to the slow query log.

Why would that be?  Slow query logging was on all the time, and other
slow queries were written after that (anything greater than 4 seconds
would be)....

Also, do other folks find that a deadlock log would be useful?  InnoDB
obviously stores it in RAM because SHOW ENGINE INNODB STATUS will show
you the last deadlock information.  But I feel like a deadlock log
would be useful, to see how many deadlocks we get in a certain period
of time (but not an average....I'm sure there are peak times, etc).

SHOW DEADLOCKS is in our TODO. It would definitely be useful for users.

Any ideas/comments?

-Sheeri

Best regards,

Heikki

Oracle Corp./Innobase Oy
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL

InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php