Marten,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Marten Lehmann" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: mailing.database.myodbc
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 7:52 PM
Subject: Re: innodb errors on startup

Well,

ok, we need to stress this more in the manual. A few users have
misunderstood that ibdata files would no longer be needed if one uses
innodb_file_per_table.

ib_logfiles are always needed. How else can InnoDB recover after a crash.

but how can I repair my existing ib-files so that the error on startup
doesn't appear any more?

try:

DROP TABLE db16041.intradv_cms_websites;

if you do not have the .frm file for that table, use the trick explained at:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/innodb-troubleshooting-datadict.html

Regards
Marten

Best regards,

Heikki

Oracle Corp./Innobase Oy
InnoDB - transactions, row level locking, and foreign keys for MySQL

InnoDB Hot Backup - a hot backup tool for InnoDB which also backs up MyISAM tables
http://www.innodb.com/order.php