Stanton, Brian wrote:
I'm migrating a database from 4.0.12 on Solaris to 4.0.18-0 on Red Hat
Linux.  A few of the tables have a 0 (zero) in the auto_increment primary
key column.  However, when importing, the 0 in the insert is translated to
the next available auto_increment value thus causing a duplicate key
situation on the next value in the import.  I've tried removing the 0 row
from the export and adding it in manually afterwards, but that also
translates the 0 to the next available auto_increment value.  I've also
tried creating the table with the table option AUTO_INCREMENT=0 and
inserting the 0 row first.  That also translated it to a value of 1 and
caused duplicate keys.
You can either:
- create the table without the auto_increment field, load the data, and add the auto_increment field, or - change all your zero values *now* ( and related fields in other tables ), back things up, and then move the data

I would take the 2nd option.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer