Hi folks.  I come to the list with another compound question.

My middleware allows me to build any syntax for the actual sql statement, so I'm trying to minimize the work done to insert several records at one try. I currently have multiple insert statements, but can't find any reference to multiple records added using one insert statement. I now have:

-SQL = "INSERT INTO mytable (myfield) VALUES ('alpha');INSERT INTO mytable (myfield) VALUES ('bravo');INSERT INTO mytable (myfield) VALUES ('charlie');INSERT INTO mytable (myfield) VALUES ('delta');"

What I would like to find is this:

-SQL = "INSERT INTO mytable (myfield) VALUES ('alpha'), ('bravo'), ('charlie'), ('delta')";

I am either looking in the wrong place in Dubois (Third) or it can't be done.

Any recommendations?

Appreciate it.

Cheers