Hi,

Iam running a mysql server 5.0.15 over Redhat linux es4. My disk space
has exhausted. so i need to add a new ibdata file to my /etc/my.cnf
configuration. I followed the following procedure to do so.

1. I checked the ibdata1 file size.

when i do a du -sh ibdata1 , i get the size to be 443M

when i do a ls -ltr ibdata1 , i get the size to be 463470592 bytes

2. I edited my /etc/my.cnf to add the following:

innodb_data_file_path = /mysql-system/mysql/data/ibdata1:443M;/mysql-
system2/ibdata2:50M:autoextend

i got the following error:

060330 01:48:42  mysqld started
InnoDB: Error: data file /mysql-system/mysql/data/ibdata1 is of a
different size
InnoDB: 28288 pages (rounded down to MB)
InnoDB: than specified in the .cnf file 28416 pages!
InnoDB: Could not open or create data files.
InnoDB: If you tried to add new data files, and it failed here,
InnoDB: you should now edit innodb_data_file_path in my.cnf back
InnoDB: to what it was, and remove the new ibdata files InnoDB created
InnoDB: in this failed attempt. InnoDB only wrote those files full of
InnoDB: zeros, but did not yet use them in any way. But be careful: do
not
InnoDB: remove old data files which contain your precious data!
060330  1:48:42 [Note] /mysql-system/mysql/bin/mysqld: ready for
connections.
Version: '5.0.15-standard-log'  socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock'  port: 3306
MySQL Community Edition - Standard (GPL)

3. Then i tried adding the value from 'ls -ltr ibdata1' which is
463470592 bytes. I rounded the same to 464M . but still got the same
error.

Can anyone help me out on how to go about the same.

Thanks in advance,
Abdul.