Hi,

In a messaging system I'm working on, I will allow user's to send the same
identical message to numerous other people. Kind of like in email you can
separate recipients with ";" or use CC.

It would be nice to be able to perform a query like so:

INSERT INTO messages, social_networking (author, recipient, subject, body,
messages.timestamp) VALUES(1, social_networking.user_id, 'dfdf', 'adfgdf',
1144463208) WHERE social_networking.id=1 AND social_networking.user_id
IN(11,10,24,43,124,2,7)

However it doesn't appear that can be done.

Does anyone know a method to do bulk dupe inserts without using an INSERT,
compacted INSERT for each individual recipient or require the use of a temp
table?

Cheers